Homeowners Insurance in Salisbury, Concord, Mooresville, Davidson, Kannapolis, Huntersville, NC, and the Surrounding Areas

Your home is your biggest investment so let us protect it.

Most mortgage lenders require a homeowners insurance policy before providing a loan. A homeowners insurance policy is vital to protect your home from burglary or damage, tornadoes, wind damage, floods, and other natural disasters.

At Central Carolina Insurance Agency, we provide customized home insurance solutions to homeowners and renters in Salisbury, Concord, Mooresville, Kannapolis, Huntersville, Davidson, NC, and surrounding areas. Call us today!

Get A Quote

Home Insurance

Home insurance covers the cost of repairing damage to your home caused by hurricanes, wind or hail, as well as property damage. Make sure you are protected if someone is injured at your property, as well as personal liability. It is crucial to realize that most home insurance policies do not cover flood damage. Because so many of our homeowners are in a floodplain, we strongly encourage homeowners to include a flood insurance addendum to their homeowners’ insurance policy.

House in Davidson, NC, on lake covered by home insurance


Renters Insurance

While many people believe that homeowners and renters insurance are the same thing, they are actually quite different. Renters insurance covers accidental damage to the tenant’s property as well as living expenses in the event of an emergency, while homeowners’ insurance protects the building itself as well as personal possessions, etc. In North Carolina, renters insurance is not required by law, however it may provide you with peace of mind if you need it.

Homeowners insurance for Salisbury, NC, townhomes

Townhome or Condo Insurance

While your condo association is responsible for carrying a master insurance policy that protects the exterior and common areas of the condo, it’s your responsibility to protect the interior of your townhome or condo.

Condo insurance covers damage to any personal belongings, fixtures, etc., in the interior of your residence. It also covers personal liability and temporary living expenses in the event of an emergency and covered loss. As every living situation is unique, having personalized insurance will ensure that you get the coverage you need without paying for unnecessary extras.


Personal Umbrella Insurance

While our agents at Central Carolina Insurance Agency do their best to provide comprehensive homeowners insurance, you may find yourself in unfortunate circumstances if your damages exceed your maximum coverage. With personal umbrella insurance, you can be assured of adequate coverage, no matter the circumstances, and may be covered for legal expenses, bodily injury, and property damage that exceed your policy’s limits.

Umbrella insurance including home insurance in Huntersville, NC

Frequently Asked Questions about Home Insurance

What does Home Insurance Cover?

Covered losses such as, fire, theft, and hail to your property, which includes the dwelling and personal property inside the dwelling. Home Insurance may also cover buildings on the premises, such as storage buildings.

Am I required to carry Homeowner's Insurance?

In most cases where there is a mortgage or loan on the property, you are required to carry the coverage. However, if there is not a loan of any sort on the property you would not be required to carry it, but your investment would not be protected in the event of covered damage or for any liability claims against you.

How much coverage will I need under my homeowner's insurance policy?

When you schedule a consultation with one of our experienced representatives they will review your home and exposures to help determine the insurable amount you may need to cover your assets.

What is NOT COVERED under a homeowner's policy?

Typically, home insurance will not cover against earthquake, flood, normal wear and tear, or damage caused by the negligence of the homeowner.

What is an Umbrella Policy?

Umbrella insurance is a form of liability insurance that will supplement all of your primary liability policies, such as auto, home, boat, etc. However, the limits under an umbrella policy will be higher than your underlying liability limits. The main purpose of the umbrella policy is to protect your assets from an unforeseen loss in which you are responsible.

An umbrella policy gives extra liability coverage in an extension of the coverage you already have under a home, auto, boat, etc to protect you against large claims for injury or property damage that may have been your fault.

How much Umbrella coverage will I need?

We typically recommend $1 million to $2 million in Umbrella coverage. You will need to carry a minimum of $300,000 personal liability on your underlying homeowners policy and $250,000 per person and $500,000 per accident limit under your personal auto policy.

Home Insurance options include:

  • Homes
  • Rental property
  • Townhomes
  • Apartments
  • Condos
  • Mobile Homes
  • Vacant Homes
  • Homes under construction
  • Fire Policies
  • Umbrella
  • Flood
  • Earthquake
  • Jewelry, artwork, etc
  • Multi-Policy Discounts are available